A New Year's Wish List and then some

Martin Hollick, over at The Slovak Yankee, recently made some New Year's resolutions.  As a fellow New Englander I can identify with his desire to start the New Year in September rather than January 1st.  Whether a student or a mother, I've always felt September was a time of renewal and new beginnings.  Honestly, January 1st in New England does not provide a whole lot of inspiration for re-energizing and re-calibrating.  For me, January is all about hot chocolate, warm blankets and snuggling.

In support of Martin's sentiments I've decided to list my own September New Year's Resolutions for my personal genealogical research.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS:
  • Prioritize my family research goals to establish a Top 10 list of ancestors to research
  • Create brief bios for those ancestors complete with footnotes.
  • Scan and digitally file all old family photos then place them on CD to share with family members
  • Revitalize my Edwards Family blog and add to it weekly
  • Plan another research trip to the ancestral homestead in New York with my Dad
  • Learn to use technology better to aid in the discovery and sharing of my family research
How about some weekly goals?!!

After reading Martin's post I read another intriguing one at the blog "Finding Josephine."  The  most recent blog post lays out weekly goals.  These are different from resolutions in that they should be realistically attainable during one week.  Finding Josephine lists three goals for the week. For myself, I think I will choose just one.

GOAL FOR THIS WEEK:  Do a survey of the records available for Bath, Maine from 1750 - 1860.  This will be background information that will allow me to create a research plan for my ancestor, David Turner Shaw.

Time to get to work!

Comments